Tongue Point Lighthouse, Bridgeport, Connecticut:
On the western shore of Bridgeport Harbor is a small black lighthouse nicknamed “The Bug” by locals. This beacon on Tongue Point began operating in 1895. The harbor was expanded in 1919, so the lighthouse was dismantled and moved ,about 300 feet, to its present location. Various light keepers maintained the lighthouse regularly but Tongue Point Light was not made to be habitable. It was automated in 1957 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.