54 North Elm Street, Wallingford, Connecticut:
Built in 1897, this stone and clapboard Dutch Colonial is 3,338 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. Carpentry was led by C.F. Woofing Company of Wallingford. Colba of Stamford performed the masonry. The stone exterior was planned to mimic many houses in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The home’s first owners were Mr. and Mrs. Franz Milcke, a violinist and singer. They purchased the lot from Mary A. Hall. While at their vacation home on the shore during the July 4th weekend of 1927, the Milcke’s Wallingford residence was ransacked by thieves. The robbers took clothes and jewelry valued at several hundred dollars. The suspects were never caught.
View on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKjVRJmlC4R/