Deacon Joseph Ives House, Cheshire, Connecticut:
On Fenn Road is the oldest house still standing in Cheshire. The pre-revolution, Cape style home was constructed in the year 1724 by Joseph Ives who first settled the area in 1694 with his wife, Esther Benedict Ives. He was appointed deacon of the Congregational Church, serving until 1739. Deacon Ives died in 1755 and was buried at Hillside Cemetery. His son Joseph (II) inherited the property and it passed to his grandson, Titus Ives, a soldier of the American Revolution. In 1777, Titus Ives died of an illness as part of Washington’s Continental Army at Harlem, New York. The Deacon Joseph Ives House also features an English style barn with an eave door entry.
View on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLIQq1YlMjD/