Thomas C. Wordin House, Bridgeport, Connecticut:
At 1139 Fairfield Avenue is a Gilded Age mansion first built for Thomas Cooke Wordin in 1892. Wordin was a dealer of bonds and investment securities in New York City. His Connecticut home was originally known as “The Pines,” when it was completed by Bridgeport-based architect Joseph W. Northrop (who also designed Taylor Memorial Library in Milford and the Ingersoll House in New Haven). Northrop combined Victorian and Richardsonian Romanesque elements which included Portland brownstone around the base. The Wordin House was illustrated in “The American Architect and Building News, Vol. XLI, no. 921” (August 19, 1893). Nowadays the property is home to Teamsters Local no. 191.
View on Instagram: https://instagr.am/p/CZcc3k6J59K/