Pierpont Block, Shelton, Connecticut:
On Howe Avenue in Shelton is an impressively large Richardsonian Romanesque style building erected in 1893. It was named for the famous financier, John Pierpont Morgan, who was one of the investors in the property. The building once contained Shelton’s public library as well as Arcanum Hall, an event space for public gatherings. The property underwent renovations in the early 1980’s and nowadays it houses several small businesses.
View on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKuQulbFfVT/