Beach Memorial Library, Newtown, Connecticut:
At 63 Main Street is the Beach Memorial Library. Built in 1900, it was a gift of Rebecca D. Beach, a descendant of Reverend John Beach, the first minister of Newtown’s Trinity Episcopal Church. John Francis Beach, another Beach descendant, laid the building‘s cornerstone. It served as a library until 1932, when the Cyrenius H. Booth Library opened and the former library became a private residence. The house was later home to John Reed, who served as Superintendent of Newtown Schools for twenty years.