Tower House, Berlin, Connecticut:
At 926-940 Farmington Avenue in the Kensington section of Berlin is an abnormal building built circa 1875. It was erected by two brothers, Augustine F. Wooding and Ralph A. Wooding who manufactured dog collars, harnesses and hardware for saddles. In 1896, they built a dam and a millpond on the Mattabesset River. They were granted a contract to supply water to trains on the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad. The building’s tower was erected to serve as a water tower. The property is now used as residential apartments.
View on Instagram: https://instagr.am/p/CbLJblJrOv0/