Rimmon School House, Beacon Falls, Connecticut:
At the intersection of Rimmon Hill Road is a one-room school house believed to have been built in 1779, when Beacon Falls was part of Derby. Some sources claim that Rimmon School House was actually built in 1830, when Beacon Falls was part of the town of Oxford. The school was in use until 1953, when Laurel Ledge Elementary School opened. For 24 years the property was owned by Raymond Lafferty, a former student at the school. His family purchased the parcel after the school closed and used it for storage. An antiques shop operated on the premises until 2010. Nowadays, the school house is vacant and decaying.